There's nothing more comforting than the smell of baking ginger biscuits. It reminds me of my grandparents and Scandinavian winters.
380g plain flour
1 Tbsp ground ginger*
1 tsp mixed spice*
1 tsp bicarb of soda
100g brown sugar (I use rapadura)
130g chilled chopped butter
130g syrup (I use rice malt syrup + a Tbsp molasses)
Pinch of salt
Method (for Thermomix, or just use a food processor)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Blitz all ingredients in Thermomix 12 seconds / speed 6
3. Mix for 50 seconds on dough mode
4. Roll dough into a ball and refrigerate for 30 mins
5. Roll out between baking sheets then cut into shapes or bake as a slab for 10 - 15 minutes
*I recently discovered an amazing spice shop in Newcastle called My Souk Drawer - all hand roasted and blended. You can replace the ginger/ mixed spice here with 2 Tbsp of Gingersnap Spice Mix . Soooo good.