Full of vitamins and really delicious. Great way to get extra veg into fussy kids too. I've served mine here with cream, maple cinnamon walnuts and some edible flowers from the garden - calendula and oregano blossoms.
(These are Thermomix instructions, but you can make it with a hand blender or food processor instead)
350g butternut pumpkin, peeled & roughly chopped
1 tsp vanilla paste/extract
250g plain flour
80g rapadura/coconut/brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg or allspice
Optional - pecans/walnuts/maple syrup to top or serve with
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees, and prepare a 12-hole muffin tray with paper muffin cases
2. Place 500g water in the mixing bowl. Place pumpkin pieces in the TM basket and steam 20 minutes/Varoma/Speed 1
3. Set pumpkin aside and discard water
4. Weigh butter into mixing bowl and melt 1 minute/50 degrees/Speed 2
5. Add milk, eggs and vanilla to bowl and mix 10 seconds/speed 4
6. Add steamed pumpkin and mix 10 seconds speed 4
7. Add flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar and baking powder and mix 10-15 seconds/speed 5
8. Spoon batter into muffin cases (you can also top with pecans or walnuts and drizzle with maple syrup - yum)
9. Bake at 180 degrees for 25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
10. Cool on a wire rack
Great for lunch boxes!
Serve with maple roasted pecans or walnuts and cream, with cinnamon on top
Or just hot with butter.