Perfect for breakfast and lunchboxes. You can't beat the classic combination of apple & cinnamon!
100g sugar (I use rapadura)
2 peeled & cored apples
225g SR flour (1.5 cups)
75g plain flour (1/2 cup) OR almond meal for extra protein
1 tsp bicarb of soda
1 tsp cinnamon
250g milk (1 cup)
To serve: 1 Tbsp caster sugar:1 tsp cinnamon
For Thermomix. Or just use a food processor/hand mixer.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Fill a muffin tray with paper baking cups*.
2. Melt butter. 1 min / 50 degrees / speed 4
3. Add sugar, apple, egg. 10 seconds / speed 5
4. Add flour, bicarb, cinnamon, milk. 5 seconds / speed 5
5. Bake for 20 minutes
6. Serve warm with butter and the cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top.
*I use the brand If You Care who make non stick reusable parchment baking paper and muffin cases.